Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pecan Braids

I was at Panera recently (ok, honestly it was a month and a half ago) and had a free dessert courtesy of my birthday month. I strolled up and down the dessert case for a solid 3 minutes before I found something that didn't look super dry (or super greasy) and wasn't a cookie (which looked dry or greasy). I settled on the pecan braid, even though I'm not a huge fan of nuts in my food. However, when I ate it, I was hooked. The only thing I could think about was baking (and eating) more pecan braids. After a lot of research on the best puff pastry dough recipe (I didn't want it to end up like the chocolate croissant debacle), a pecan filling, and a way to braid the dough; I was on my way to yummy baked goods.
 Unfortunately the only picture I remembered to take is a terrible one, but there they are - the ones that didn't burn at least. They were gone pretty quickly, and I consider them a success. I still have more puff pastry dough in the freezer to play with for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment