Friday, June 20, 2014

First Foray into Cookies (the pretty decorated kind)

This week, I got an itch in my brain that was just begging to be scratched by baking and decorating sugar cookies. Decorating them properly. Different thicknesses of icing properly. And sparkles. Can't forget adding the sparkles to the cookies. The recipes I used were from Callye at Sweet Sugar Belle - she is fantastic; one of the best blogs I've ever read. It even prompted me to buy the type of food coloring that she uses (after my Wilton Red only turned the icing pink...and I used a lot).

I was going with a summer-esque theme and was aiming for colors that I could use in a couple weeks for the 4th. Unfortunately, my red only came out pink, so that was a bust, and I ran out of yellow flood icing (but not until I finished all my yellow cookies). And I so should have made those sun cookies into sunflowers, they would have looked much nicer that way. Oh well, you live you learn.

I love how sparkly the tulips came out

The entire platter that I brought into work

I even piped leaves onto the tulips!

No comments:

Post a Comment