Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Ganache

Orange cupcakes with whipped chocolate ganache frosting. (I over-whipped the ganache so they're not as pretty as I would have wished). I used a vanilla cupcake recipe that I'm not overly in love with - the batter comes out very thick (because of the addition of Greek yogurt) so filling my muffin tin takes forever (not to mention I struggle to do it with the least amount of mess anyways). I added juice and zest from one orange to the cupcake mix and a splash of orange oil. Gave the cupcakes a great orange flavor.

I topped them with whipped chocolate ganache, but I over-whipped it, so I was unable to pipe it onto the cupcakes and ended up just having to frost them with a knife. Regardless, they still tasted delicious, like those chocolate oranges that the stores put out at Christmastime.

Not nearly as pretty as I wished - but delicious nonetheless

No comments:

Post a Comment